Amanda-Users

Re: Spindle settings in the disklist

2005-06-08 11:16:31
Subject: Re: Spindle settings in the disklist
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: Cam <cameron.matheson AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:59:39 +0200
Cam wrote:

Yesterday in my logs i was
seeing errors about amandad being busy.  I'm assuming this is because
it's trying to back up too many of these subdir's at the same time?

Normally not, no. amanda will not try to start more than one dumper process on the same host at the same time unless you specifically (a) authorize more than one dumper with the `maxdumps' parameter in your dumptype, and (b) on one host, different disks have different spindle numbers.

I would guess there is a hung amanda process on the client. What happened to me before, is that I interrupted an amdump, then re-started it while the estimate on the clients was still running.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29