Amanda-Users

Re: Search file in amanda database

2005-06-08 07:20:10
Subject: Re: Search file in amanda database
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: "Montagni, Giovanni" <gmontagni AT manord DOT com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:04:20 +0200
Montagni, Giovanni wrote:
Hi to all! I've read the docs, searched through the web, but i cannot find the answer to this question:

is possible to search a file in amanda database? for example i have a file
called pippo.sh backed up somewhere in a tape i don't rebember. i only know
filename.
Can i do a search  to find the tape and the path of pippo.sh?

I assume you only know the file name, and neither the server nor directory it was in. If you know both, see Gavin's answer. If you know neither,

cd `amgetconf <yourconfig> indexdir`
zgrep pippo.sh */*/*
(or, if that fails with an `argument list too long' error,
find -type f | xargs zgrep pippo.sh
)

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29