Amanda-Users

Re: amanda on RedHat ES 3 backup on HDD

2005-05-29 15:51:01
Subject: Re: amanda on RedHat ES 3 backup on HDD
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Gentian Hila <genti.tech AT gmail DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 14:28:26 -0500
--On Sunday, May 29, 2005 14:50:53 -0400 Gentian Hila <genti.tech AT gmail DOT
com> wrote:

> It it my first time trying to use AMANDA for backup. I went ahead and
> read the chapter on amanda from the book Backup and recovery in Unix,
> but it seemed to me very complicated.
>
> I have a RedHat ES 3 system and I am using an external usb HDD to
> backup the whole system. I want to do a full backup once a week and
> incremental backups every other day of the week.
>
> I installed rpm amanda 2.4 ( Might look for 2.5 if it is as an rpm
> outthere yet).
>
> I am looking for some short manual (not too complicated and with all
> of the options) on how to configure amanda to do backups on Hard drive
> .
>
> Does somebody know something like that ? Thanks a lot for the help

Look at the documenttion on the amanda.org web site:

<http://www.amanda.org/docs/index.html>

particularly section 13 <http://www.amanda.org/docs/howto-filedriver.html>

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com