Amanda-Users

amandad still running/ RESULTS MISSING

2005-05-27 14:07:05
Subject: amandad still running/ RESULTS MISSING
From: Vicki Stanfield <vicki AT progeny DOT com>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:47:33 -0500
I am having a problem with amanda whereby some of the dumps (DLE's on the amanda server itself) are showing as RESULTS MISSING in the logs. There is an amandad process which is still running after quite a long time (24 hours) and which has a defunct child process:

backup    3318  0.0  0.1  3044 1076 ?        S    May26   0:00 amandad
backup 3320 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? Z May26 0:00 [amandad <defunct>]

I googled the RESULTS MISSING error and checked that the appropriate files have SUID set and that the entries in inetd are right (they have not been changed). The only change that I have made in the last couple days is to add a DLE on a remote system (which already had other DLE's being backed up). Anyone have a clue for me?

TIA,
Vicki