Amanda-Users

(expecting a new tape?)

2005-05-27 09:26:12
Subject: (expecting a new tape?)
From: Matheson Cameron <cmatheson3 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 07:52:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hey,

Ok, so setting up amanda has been a wild trip... but i
think i have it mainly under control now.  my backup
server is connected to a Spectra S12000(gator) tape
machine... right now, the only client i have
configured for backup is my desktop computer (for
testing purposes).  anyway, amanda will tar up my
desktop and back it up to the holding disk... just not
to the tape.  Here's the info from amcheck:

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /var/tmp: 13640404 KB disk space
available, using 12591828 KB
ERROR: /dev/nst0: reading label: Input/output error
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo: does
not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
NOTE: index dir
/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/index/xiaohei.tonservices.com:
does not exist
Server check took 18.282 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.711 seconds, 0
problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4)

I don't know how to fix this:
ERROR: /dev/nst0: reading label: Input/output error
       (expecting a new tape)

I've run amlabel on the tape... i thought that would
be enough.  How do i force amanda to use the tape in
the drive?

thanks,
Cameron Matheson