Amanda-Users

Re: missing result

2005-05-24 08:03:20
Subject: Re: missing result
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Iulian Topliceanu <iulian.topliceanu AT net-m DOT de>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:55:50 +0200
Iulian Topliceanu schrieb:
Hi,

After upgrading a client to amanda 2.4.5 on a RH9 the following problem has occured:

I have 115 DLE for that client, and since upgrading, 14 volumes faile to be backuped. The *same* 14 volumes.

I'm getting this:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:

 planner: ERROR Request to client timed out.
client /data/data0/share1/Technik_Betrieb lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /data/data0/share1/Technik_Betrieb in client response] client /data/data0/share1/Studenten lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /data/data0/share1/Studenten in client response]

The weird thing is that non of the these 14 volumes appear in sendsize.*.debug so I can't offer you any details.

I've erased all the other DLE's from the 'disklist' and left only these 14 volumes. The backup went fine without any errors.

What could be the problem?

Regards,
Iulian Topliceanu

Hm,
could it be a problem with the maximum UDP-packet size?
you have many DLE's, so perhaps the request packet gets truncated
at the client side.
Christoph