Amanda-Users

Re: Dumps Fail - Estimate Timeout errors

2005-05-18 05:18:01
Subject: Re: Dumps Fail - Estimate Timeout errors
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Tom Brown <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:10:06 +0200
Tom Brown wrote:
Failure errors are

hostname    /dev/rd/c0d0p3 lev 0 FAILED [Estimate timeout from hostname]

Does anyone know how to debug these timeout type issues as i have been using amanda for about 3 years now and have not encountered this before.

Have a look on that client in /tmp/amanda, look for the files
sendsize.DATETIME.debug and see how long the estimate did take.
The first line of the file is the start time and the last line is the
finish time.  How long did it really take?  You many have to
change the "etimeout" parameter in amanda.conf.

If there is no "finish time" line, then the estimate crashed, and
probably there is an error message in that file too.