Amanda-Users

Re: Keeping backups on holding disk after writing to tape

2005-05-10 13:28:12
Subject: Re: Keeping backups on holding disk after writing to tape
From: Andreas Sundstrom <sunkan AT zappa DOT cx>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 19:06:48 +0200
SND wrote:
Hi all,

i want the backed up files from a nightly amdump-run to remain on the
holding disk (after they were successfully written to tape!) at least for
one day. So it would be possible to do faster and more comfortable restores
the next day.

Is there an option to acomplish that? And if there is one, is it possible to
force amanda to remove that data after a defined period of time?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,

Not that I know the answer, but when I think about it I totally agree with this being a great function. I would immediatly configure my system to leave the last nights backups on disk until the next job starts, then it could purge yesterdays data if it was successfully written to tape.

/Andreas