Amanda-Users

Should I worry: ? gtar: ./oradata/WIXP/rbslm1.dbf: file changed as we read it

2005-05-10 09:39:02
Subject: Should I worry: ? gtar: ./oradata/WIXP/rbslm1.dbf: file changed as we read it
From: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:26:53 -0400
I know some files are bound to be growing when I back them up. In this
case, this is an oracle database file and I'm only testing. When I put
amanda in place for good, I will stop oracle and move the database
files somewhere else before backing them up, and exclude the "live"
files.

But for other type of files: ex: web server logs, will the "partly"
backed up file be restorable ? I know I'm gonna miss the "end of it"
(it is written sequentially) but will it be resotrable ?

When errors/warnings of this type happen, is the tape still usable ?

Thanks