Amanda-Users

Re: force backup on a specific tape

2005-05-10 09:20:16
Subject: Re: force backup on a specific tape
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: LaVonna Sydow <sydowl AT reed DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:07:17 -0400
You could force amanda to forget that its written the tape, but
doing so throws the schedule for the successful partitions out
of wack and as amanda will not append to the tape, it will overwrite
the tape, you may make recovery of something else difficult/impossible.

Don't you have enough tapes in the tape pool to run the job again on
the next volume ?

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 02:19:36PM -0800, LaVonna Sydow wrote:
> You could manually edit the tapelist file so that the tape is on the
> last line with the oldest date - or remove its line all together.
>
> LS
>

> FM wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > My monthly backup failed (not completely) this week-end because of
> > electric problem.
> >
> > How can I force my backup to use this monthly tape again ?
> >

> > Thanks !

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org