Amanda-Users

Re: Amrecover

2005-05-09 16:25:25
Subject: Re: Amrecover
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Lei Zhong <lzhong AT applimation DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 15:05:38 -0500
--On Monday, May 09, 2005 15:08:05 -0400 Lei Zhong <lzhong AT applimation DOT
com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I finally fixed Amrecove: connection refused problem, however I got an
> error "No index records for host:<computer name>. Have you enabled
> indexing?"  How do I fix this?  How do I enable indexing?  Thank you.
> Lei

You need to add 'index yes' in the dumptype defination.  If you didn't
specify an index server when you built amanda, you will need to call
amrecover with the -s option to tell it what host is running amandaidx
(normally the same as your amanda server, but it defaults to the
hostname 'amanda'). Also make sure you have the amandaidx service enabled
in inetd (or xinetd, if your system uses that).

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com