Amanda-Users

Error in the documentation (Installation) ?

2005-05-05 16:33:14
Subject: Error in the documentation (Installation) ?
From: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 16:19:14 -0400
According to the amanda doc (www.amanda.org) amanda is supposed to
install binaries in /usr/local/bin.

I have NO amanda binaries there. I used the standard configuration
build. Most binaries are in /usr/local/sbin or /usr/local/libexec

Is this NORMAL ?

The doc mentions /usr/local/bin/amcheck and /usr/local/bin/amdup in
crontab. This CANNOT work as the binaries ar in /usr/local/bin

Also, the install doc mentions to edit /usr/local/etc/amanda/confname file.

The /usr/local/amanda directory was NOT created upon installation
(with root user doing the make install) is this NORMAL ?

Thanks