Amanda-Users

couple of questions: cygwin connection reset, tar version

2005-05-04 17:40:25
Subject: couple of questions: cygwin connection reset, tar version
From: "Jesse W. Hathaway" <jesse AT mbuki-mvuki DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 17:30:34 -0400
1. On one of my cygwin clients I keep getting
   'data read: Connection reset by peer'

   I have tried increasing the dtimeout value as mentioned as a possible
   solution in past postings, but this did not seem to help. This is
   with amanda-2.4.4p4. Anyone found a solution to this problem, or
   techniques to debug the issue further?

2. On attempting to do a restore of a cvs repository on a redhat machine
   I got the message 'invalid sparse archive member' and then the rest
   of the restore failed.  This was with tar version 1.13.25, I upgraded
   to 1.15.1 which still gave the same message but the restore finished

   a.) what is the recommended version of tar to use?

   b.) why doesn't the configure script check for the correct version of
       tar?

   c.) can I ignore the message, 'invalid sparse archive member', with
       the latest version of tar?

thanks for the help,

Jesse