Amanda-Users

q: amrecover, directories okay but no files

2005-04-14 09:31:07
Subject: q: amrecover, directories okay but no files
From: gj <joueg AT tcd DOT ie>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:13:34 +0100
Hi,

I'm testing out my backup system and randomly selecting files from different
hosts to recover (with amrecover). Even though I would not have an error
message associated with the DLE I'm trying to recover files from, I've found
that amrecover reports that there are no files in the folder in which the file
should be, e.g. in the example below, the "Scripts" folder on the original
machine being backed up has quite a few files in it, but:

=========
amrecover> sethost machine1
200 Dump host set to machine1
amrecover> setdisk /home/DATA/VisualSearch/
200 Disk set to /home/DATA/VisualSearch/.
amrecover> cd Scripts
/home/DATA/VisualSearch//Scripts
amrecover> ls
2005-04-13 .
=========

There doesn't seem to be any patterns as to which files I can recover and which
files amrecover reports as not existing where it should exist....which makes me
worried in case I do have to recover these files for real someday! Where might I
be going wrong?

In case this may be related, sometimes when I am successful in
extracting/recovering a file, amrecover stalls. When I wait awhile, I see in a
different terminal that the file has been recovered, but I don't get the
"amrecover>" prompt back and I need to ^C to quit.

Thanks very much in advance for any help!

Gina