Amanda-Users

Re: splitting DLE's

2005-04-11 21:24:30
Subject: Re: splitting DLE's
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:10:24 -0400
On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 07:20:24PM -0400, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:

> > > What do the fields mean when you add an inline dump-type?
> > They don't change because of the inline, the inline just replaces
> > a dumptype name.  From amanda manpage:

> I read the manpage but couldn't figure out which of the optional fields
> the /raidion_HOME_REST became. It turns out to not be needed. I was just
> trying to follow the example given in the FAQ:
> http://www.amanda.org/docs/topten.html#id2520555
> which appears to give 4 fields for each DLE. But, with that 2nd field in
> there amcheck says:

> ERROR: riffraff.rfa.org:/raidion_HOME_REST (/raidion/home): selfcheck does
> not support device.
>
> My amcheck doesn't seem to like 3 fields before the dumptype. It works
> fine if diskname also serves as device name.

I was wondering, simply a guess.  What happens if you leave the slashes
out of the second field with a 4 field entry.  I.e. raidion_HOME_REST
rather than /raidion...  I've never used the diskname in a 4 part'er
with slashes.  I'm thinking, maybe the leading slash makes some part
of amanda think it is a pathname to the device/directory.  Perhaps
if there is no leading slash it will pick up the 3rd field as the device.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)