Amanda-Users

Re: localhostNAK error

2005-03-16 13:28:50
Subject: Re: localhostNAK error
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Matt Lung <matt.lung AT midwest-tool DOT com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:21:11 +0100
Matt Lung wrote:
I've been getting an error on one of my backup jobs lately that I hope someone
else can help me with.  The host I am getting the errror on is a windows host
being contacted vi smbaclient.  When an amcheck is run before the backup job, I
get no errors.  All hosts are up, running, and can be contacted.  I can even
connect to the windows host via smbclient.

When the backup job is completed however I get an error for the windows host
every time.  The errror I'm getting is "planner: ERROR localhostNAK :  amandad
busy".  There are other jobs configured on this server, but all are to native

Two questions:
What is that string "localhost" is doing there???
Answer: do not use "localhost" in the disklist. It will bite you sooner or later.

Do you have two amanda-servers running at the same time contacting that
one smbclient-intermediate-host?  Don't do that.

linux hosts or servers.  Those all complete fine.  I also have an amanda server
that does disk based backups every night.  That server is filled with windows
hosts all being contacted via smbclient, and all have no problems at all.  I'm
lost.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
--
Matt Lung