Amanda-Users

Re: Can't read STE status

2005-03-16 04:19:42
Subject: Re: Can't read STE status
From: Sven Rudolph <rudsve AT drewag DOT de>
To: Heiko Schellhorn <schell AT iup.physik.uni-bremen DOT de>
Date: 16 Mar 2005 10:09:26 +0100
Heiko Schellhorn <schell AT iup.physik.uni-bremen DOT de> writes:

> I have following Problem using chg-scsi.
>
> runing chg-scsi -info I get the message
> "Can't read STE status"

I had such problems in 2003 and discussed them with the chg-scsi
author. He provided a patch that worked better, but the problem
reappeared. (And I didn't manage to follow the source code to fix this
myself.)

I finally switched to chg-zd-mtx. (AFAIR chg-zd-mtx didn't
support barcode initially, hence I tried chg-scsi first.)

I suppose that chg-zd-mtx is the better alternative nowadays.

        Sven