Amanda-Users

RE: debug error messages

2005-03-15 10:50:50
Subject: RE: debug error messages
From: "Mark Lidstone" <mark.lidstone AT bmtseatech.co DOT uk>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:34:38 -0000
Hi Lars,

Could it be something to do with character representation?  If I remember
rightly there are many different ways that Samba can represent some unusual
characters (such as the å, ¢ and æ characters I see in there).

If that's the case, then maybe someone on a Samba list could give you an answer.

You could try copying one of those files to the local machine and doing a test
dump of that file - see if it complains in a similar manner.

Another alternative for a quick fix - I notice you've used ntbackup to backup
the Exchange database to a file which you then backup - you could again use
ntbackup to backup the file storage then backup that single file.  It's hardly
an ideal situation, but it could get your backups up and running in the short
term.

Thanks,

Mark Lidstone
IT and Network Support Administrator

BMT SeaTech Ltd
Grove House, Meridians Cross, 7 Ocean Way
Ocean Village, Southampton.  SO14 3TJ. UK
Tel: +44 (0)23 8063 5122
Fax: +44 (0)23 8063 5144

E-Mail:  mailto:mark.lidstone AT bmtseatech.co DOT uk
Website: www.bmtseatech.co.uk
Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer:
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the
use of the e-mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, or one
of those persons, you are not allowed to take any action based upon it or
to copy it, forward, distribute or disclose the contents of it and you
should please delete it from your system. BMT SeaTech Limited does not
accept liability for any errors or omissions in the context of this e-mail
or its attachments which arise as a result of Internet transmission, nor
accept liability for statements which are those of the author and not
clearly made on behalf of BMT SeaTech Limited.