Amanda-Users

amstatus does not understand "estimate server"

2005-03-04 14:44:20
Subject: amstatus does not understand "estimate server"
From: Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:36:44 -0800
I'm finally completing a backup run using "estimate server" for my
samba backups.  It's mostly working correctly, but there are some
minor problems.  The dumping finished already, I'm just waiting for
the tape.

amstatus does not understand the output from the "estimate server"
option.

amstatus tells me:
estimated       :  37              8374354k

which I believe is only the Linux backups, which use the default
"estimate client".

I also get:

wait for dumping:   0                    0k           (  0.00%)

even when there are "estimate server" DLEs left to dump.  These DLEs
eventually get dumped, but amstatus suggests that the amdump is
further along than it is.

None of the "estimate server" DLEs are listed as "wait for dumping".
The DLEs aren't listed at all until the dump starts.

amstatus probably needs a few extra lines for parsing the output for
"estimate server".

--
Kevin Dalley
kevin AT kelphead DOT org