Amanda-Users

changer intelligence?

2005-02-25 18:03:03
Subject: changer intelligence?
From: "Brooks, Jason" <Jason.Brooks AT windriver DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:58:07 -0800
Hello,

I did some work with the chg-scsi part of amanda a couple of years ago.
A couple of questions have been percolating around in my head since then
though:

Is the dumper and the index server (for amrecover) program (or whatever
actually issues the changer load command) intelligent enough to ask for
a tape by it's label, or will it simply cycle through the entire changer
looking for the correct tapelabel?

I have bypassed this by simply loading the tapes in order.  If amanda
was smart as I ask about though, I could put the tapes into the changer
in any order I wanted to.

For what it's worth, I am currently running amanda version 2.4.4p2.  Yes
I know p4 exists :)

I thank you in advance...

--jason

Jason Brooks ~ (503) 641-3440 x1861
      Direct ~ (503) 924-1861
Email to: jason.brooks AT windriver DOT com
Twiki: http://twiki.wrs.com/do/view/Main/JasonBrooks

Senior Systems Administration Analyst
Wind River Systems
8905 SW Nimbus ~ Suite 255