Amanda-Users

Restore problem - tar backup

2005-02-24 08:03:41
Subject: Restore problem - tar backup
From: Tom Brown <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:54:06 +0000
Hi

Posted earlier about a 'strange' report to do with a windows partition. I'm trying to restore this partition to see what made it onto tape.

The issue i'm having is that amanda is ignoring this partition and skipping it.

eg

 amrestore -p /dev/nst0 titan \\printserver\hyperion | tar xvfp -

-- snip

amrestore:   9: skipping titan.__printserver_hyperion.20050224.0

I have tried escaping the \\ with a $ so had

amrestore -p /dev/nst0 titan $\\printserver$\hyperion | tar xvfp -

but that yielded the same - Any hints here? The OS of the amanda server where i'm doing this from is RH7.3

thanks!