Amanda-Users

Re: Issue making amanda on Solaris 8

2005-02-20 16:29:49
Subject: Re: Issue making amanda on Solaris 8
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:56:50 -0500
On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 12:30:44PM -0800, Steve H wrote:
> killpgrp.c:90: error: too many arguments to function `getpgrp'

One common cause of weird build problems on Solaris is using the
wrong tool set.  I don't know about this specific error, but it
sort of sounds like a mismatch between the variant of getpgrp()
that "configure" detected, and the one that the C compiler
subsequently tried to use.

To fix it, make sure that /usr/ccs/bin is in your PATH, and that
/usr/ucb is *not*.  If that doesn't work, try it the other way
around :-)

Hmmm, looking at the Solaris 8 box on which I'm typing this, it
seems I built Amanda with both /usr/ccs/bin and /usr/ucb in my
path.  But they're in the order stated here; perhaps you have
/usr/ucb first.  Maybe it's sufficient to make sure that
/usr/ccs/bin precedes /usr/ucb.

After making any such path change, it's best to "make distclean"
and rerun configure; otherwise, stale feature detections from the
previous setup might continue to screw things up.

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
The animal that coils in a circle is the serpent; that's why so
many cults and myths of the serpent exist, because it's hard to
represent the return of the sun by the coiling of a hippopotamus.
        - Umberto Eco, "Foucault's Pendulum"