Amanda-Users

So long-

2005-02-20 15:25:19
Subject: So long-
From: Daniel Bentley <danielb AT qsicorp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:07:42 -0700
-and thanks for all the tape...

I've moved on to backups using a single LTO-2 drive instead of this Sony DDS3 auto-loader. As backup needs and approaches have changed (and the engineering dept. will use the changer from now on, most likely), I say 'goodbye' to Amanda for now.

Ever since I learned 'Let Amanda do her own thing, and all will be well...' (the 'Zen of Amanda,' I call it), I've been quite pleased with Amanda's performance. So as I leave Amanda for now, I'd just like to say how pleased I've been. Once I got her set up and running, I haven't had to worry about things since, something I haven't really had from any other backup software I've used. Great piece of software here...

I will recommend Amanda to folks I run across in the future, and if anyone out there needs help/advice regarding the Sony TSL-S9000L DDS-3 external auto-loader (even had to pop the cover and fiddle with the guts of it fairly recently), feel free to send me e-mail.