Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and STAR

2005-02-20 12:56:42
Subject: Re: Amanda and STAR
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:46:45 -0500
On Sunday 20 February 2005 11:51, FM wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Can we use star instead of tar with amanda-2.4.4p1 (rehl AS 3 update
> 4) ?
>

>Thanks !

I don't know if anyone has tried it.  I occasionally play guinea pig,
but my current test tar is tar-1.15-1, which so far (that knocking
sound?, is me, knocking on wood) is working just fine now for about a
month.

Read the star docs carefully as ISTR someone said using the posix
compat mode breaks things for amanda, or that was their
interpretation.

No personal experience with it though, which means I could be wrong.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: