Amanda-Users

Re: Amcheck is coredumping

2005-02-15 19:32:44
Subject: Re: Amcheck is coredumping
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:27:01 -0500
On Tuesday 15 February 2005 16:48, Kevin Alford wrote:
>I have installed Amanda 2.4.4p2 on AIX5.1 ML6.  It compiled and
>installed with no errors.
>
>I have configured the inetd.conf, and /etc/services file correctly.
>
>I have edited the amanda.conf file, created the disklist file, and
>created the log directories.  Everything has a owner and group of
>amanda.

Amanda is likely the wrong group. its unpriviledged.  amanda should be
a member of some priviledged group, such as disk or backup.  It would
be ebst if that install was ripped out, a chown -R amanda:disk * done
in the top level of the directory tree, do a make clean, then su
amanda and reconfigure and make amanda as the user amanda, then
become root and do the make install.

I've found recently that a run of ldconfig seems to be required after
updateing my amanda install, so that might be needed on AIX too, but
I don't know the exact command on AIX that does the equ of ldconfig
on linux.

>su amanda -c "amcheck /usr/local/etc/amanda/CLASS-WV/Full"
>Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
>I have configured and maintained amanda before, and never
> experienced this problem before.  I don't see anything in the log
> files
>
>Any suggestions?
>

>Kevin D. Alford

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)