Amanda-Users

Re: Dumplevel only 0 or 1

2005-01-31 20:37:08
Subject: Re: Dumplevel only 0 or 1
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:18:52 -0500
On Monday 31 January 2005 17:40, Rainer Hackel wrote:
>Hi everybody
>my amanda works fine, but one problem is left...
>I'm using the tar-mode and the dumps a very large, because they are
> only level 0 or level 1 not higher. Is it because of tar?
>RH

No, unless you have a broken version of tar, which should be one of
1.15-1, 1.13-25, or 1.13-19, these three versions are known to work.

There are other things to adjust in your amanda.conf so that you could
hasten the stepup to a higher level if you'd like, but it probably
won't shrink the occupied space enough to matter.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: