Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda 2.4.5b1 error on RH9

2005-01-24 17:44:31
Subject: Re: Amanda 2.4.5b1 error on RH9
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Iulian Topliceanu <iulian.topliceanu AT net-m DOT de>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:36:12 -0600
--On Monday, January 24, 2005 23:10:24 +0100 Iulian Topliceanu
<iulian.topliceanu AT net-m DOT de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've compiled successfully amanda 2.4.5b1 on a Fedora Core 1 and it works
> fine. Server/client. Nothing to complain about.
>
> I've compiled it successfully on a RedHat 9 (didn't get any error msgs at
> all) but when trying to connect from the AMANDA server on this RedHat 9 box
> (a client) I get this error:
>
> -bash-2.05b$ telnet baal 10082
> Trying 192.168.154.13...
> Connected to baal (192.168.154.13).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> amindexd: error while loading shared libraries: libamserver-2.4.5b1.so:
> Connection closed by foreign host.
> -bash-2.05b$
>
> Needless to say that the file exists:
>
> [root@baal amanda]# ls -la /usr/local/lib/libamserver-2.4.5b1.so
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       399841 Jan 24 23:08
> /usr/local/lib/libamserver-2.4.5b1.so
>
> Did anyone else experience this error?
>
> Any suggestions?

Is /usr/local/lib in your /etc/ld.so.conf (or wherever it
is in your distribution) and did you run ldconfig if you
added it?  Or you could change the makefile to add the
runtime library search path, or build it statically.

FYI, you only need amindexd and amidxtaped on the server,
not all the clients.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673