Amanda-Users

Backing up Amanda

2005-01-18 11:24:40
Subject: Backing up Amanda
From: "Dwight Tovey" <dwight AT dtovey DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:13:04 -0700 (MST)
I used to work on a system that used Legato NSR as the backup/restore
solution.  In order to make life a little simpler in case of catastrophic
failure, I used to periodically take a tar image of the nsr configuration
and index files.  This way when I needed to do a full restore of the disk
that held these files I could just restore that tape first and nsr would
then be able to handle everything else without having to re-index all the
regular tapes.  Saved my butt more than once.

Do people do anything similar with Amanda?

If that is a reasonable thing to do, what are the minimum required files
that should be saved?

Thanks

    /dwight
--