Amanda-Users

Re: barcode reader help (and faq-o-matic-toast?)

2005-01-14 07:39:56
Subject: Re: barcode reader help (and faq-o-matic-toast?)
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Will Lowe <harpo AT thebackrow DOT net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:20:27 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 at 8:09pm, Will Lowe wrote

> Thanks!  But I was looking for information on what amanda uses the
> barcode reader in the robot for, and how to make the tapechanger
> scripts do it -- not on how to print labels.

As you label tapes, amanda will populate a file named
$CONFIG/CHANGER-barcodes, with a list of tape labels and their
corresponding barcodes.  Whether or not amanda uses this list, I don't
actually know.  But it can be very helpful to you at restore time.

To get your barcode reader working, install mtx.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering