Amanda-Users

Re: parse of reply message failed

2004-12-22 14:31:49
Subject: Re: parse of reply message failed
From: "Tanniel Simonian" <simonian AT library.ucr DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:22:56 -0800 (PST)
I know this seems a bit late,

I just moved to linux 2.6.9 after reading about ip_conntrack_amanda and
config_ip_nf_amanda fixes. However, I am somewhat confused, I encounted
the parse of reply message failure error even though 2.6.9 (based on my
reading) contained the patch code?

Should I have still applied the patch found at the link below?
---

I have CONFIG_IP_NF_AMANDA=y and CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT_AMANDA=y

I have tried to run a backup with and without IpTables running.
I was using 2.4.22 before, and decided it was time to update. Nothing else
has been changed other than sysvinit (for kernel support).

I will try to turn off these options and not use Iptables, to see if this
alleviates the issue.

Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.