Amanda-Users

Setting up new installation: permission errors

2004-12-06 17:50:20
Subject: Setting up new installation: permission errors
From: Kris Vassallo <kris AT linuxcertified DOT com>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:41:10 -0800
I seem to be stuck with permission issues here. I'm setting up a new server and have created the appropriate directories and set (what i believe are) the appropriate permissions. When I run amlabel as the amanda user, I get the following:

$ /usr/sbin/amlabel DailySet1 DailySet101 slot 1
labeling tape in slot 1 (file:/backup0/amandadumps):
rewinding
amlabel: tape_rewind: tape open: file:/backup0/amandadumps: Permission denied

ls output shows the following
$ pwd ; ls -l
/backup0
total 4
drwxrwx---  10 amanda disk 4096 Dec  6 14:29 amandadumps

Amanda is also a member of the disk group. As the amanda user I can actually touch the amandadumps folder as well as go into that folder and touch other files and folders but none of the amanda utilities seem to work. This is amanda 2.4.4 I don't get what the heck is going on here. Ideas?