Amanda-Users

How to restore correct ownerships?

2004-11-21 16:49:12
Subject: How to restore correct ownerships?
From: Thorsten Bremer <lists-read AT thoddi DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:41:05 +0100
Hello,

I just needed to restore some deleted files via amrecover and it works
well. But I noticed that the files will be restored with the ownership
"backup:backup" instead of the original "thoddi:users".

OK, I can make a chown over these 10 files manually, but I have
backup-points, where the files and directories have many different
GIDs... So a larger correct recorery will be tricky or impossible.

Can Amanda save and restore the ownerships or is that not possible?

Thanks.

--
Bis denne,                 <° ><
           Thoddi