Amanda-Users

Re: Skip two tapes

2004-11-15 06:52:26
Subject: Re: Skip two tapes
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas.ecarnot AT accim DOT com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:49:25 +0100
Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:

>> Tell amanda exactly that:
>>       amadmin <config> no-reuse tape06 tape07

> I tried that, but when I run
> amcheck tape
> with the tape08 loaded, Amanda tells me that it can't use this tape as
> there already are datas on it (can't overwrite blahblah, expecting new tape)

I'd venture that you don't have `tapecycle' reusable tapes left, so
amanda really would like a new tape here.  Or else, tape08 has been last
used less than `dumpcycle' ago, so she would like to keep it.  (The
exact error message you get would certainly help to tell which it is.)

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29