Amanda-Users

Re: Can autoflush calculate size?

2004-11-06 13:14:34
Subject: Re: Can autoflush calculate size?
From: Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 10:10:30 -0800
I'm looking through the code now, for the first time.  I think I can
answer my question, but can I change the solution.

autoflush does not change the available tape size.

However, the planner does use the tape length, and the number of
tapes, when the dumping calculation is made.

However, the first use of conf_autoflush is after the tape length
calculation.  I know the autoflush is being moved around a bit, at
least in test code, so that flushing can happen during the
calculation.  I haven't looked at this change yet.

--
Kevin Dalley
kevin AT kelphead DOT org