Amanda-Users

Problems with DLE for large filesystem

2004-11-05 16:58:42
Subject: Problems with DLE for large filesystem
From: "James Marcinek" <jmarc1 AT jemconsult DOT biz>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:53:53 -0000
Hello Everyone,

I'm finally starting my backup on the server with the large file system. I'm
receiving errors and the DLE did not run as the excludes never took affect.
Here's excerpts from the amdump log:

"/etc/amanda/normal/disklist", line 21: dump type parameter expected
"/etc/amanda/normal/disklist", line 21: end of line expected
"/etc/amanda/normal/disklist", line 22: dump type parameter expected
"/etc/amanda/normal/disklist", line 23: dump type parameter expected
"/etc/amanda/normal/disklist", line 23: end of line expected
"/etc/amanda/normal/disklist", line 24: dump type parameter expected
"/etc/amanda/normal/disklist", line 25: dump type parameter expected
"/etc/amanda/normal/disklist", line 25: end of line expected
"/etc/amanda/normal/disklist", line 26: dump type parameter expected
"/etc/amanda/normal/disklist", line 27: dump type parameter expected
"/etc/amanda/normal/disklist", line 27: end of line expected
"/etc/amanda/normal/disklist", line 28: dump type parameter expected

So here's my definitions from the disklist (NOTE: I based these from an amanda
doc...):

servername /ROOT_DIR / {
root-tar
exclude "./boot"
append exclude "./home"
append exclude "./opt"
append exclude "./usr"
append exclude "./var"
}

servername /var {
root-tar
exclude "/var/holding"
}

I used a label as I originally was going to call / for each DLE. This can be
removed but what happend was it didn't read any of the excludes and would not
backup the DLE as it indicated it was too large to go on one tape...

Do these DLE's need to be all on one line? I do not have any extra spaces at the
end of the line. Am I doing something else wrong.

Thanks,

James