Amanda-Users

Re: New puzzlement

2004-10-26 18:35:10
Subject: Re: New puzzlement
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:31:09 -0400
On Tuesday 26 October 2004 17:47, Paul Bijnens wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I'm trying to setup a backup of the 9 iso's for the
>> FC3RC1 install I just dl'd from fedora.
>>
>> Here is the revelant section of my disklist:
>> coyote  /usr/dlds-misc/FC3-i386-disc1.iso       coyote-tar-iso  1
>>      local
>
>The second item must be a directory, not a single file.
>You can accomplish what you want with a disklist entry like:
>
>coyote /usr/dlds-misc/FC3-i386-disc1.iso /usr/dlds-miscs {
> coyote-tar-iso
> include "./FC3-i386-disc1.iso"
> }  1  local

Thanks Paul.  I'll do this yet tonight. Done, seems to work once I
added the final dbl-quote & fixed all *my* typo's :)

[snip old amcheck output]

>> It found the rescuecd, and the installing disk1 but not the
>> others for a total of 7 errors out of nine files named.
>
>That's puzzling me too :-)
>What happens when you have only rescuecd and disk1 in the list?

Earlier, I commented those entries except disk1 and rescuecd out, and
then they are also errored as in the above but snipped portion.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: