Amanda-Users

Re: amadmin force matches too many disks

2004-10-21 08:51:25
Subject: Re: amadmin force matches too many disks
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:47:39 +0200
Paul Bijnens wrote:

Toralf Lund wrote:

I just noticed the following:

$ amadmin ks/incr force fileserv /scanner
amadmin: fileserv:/scanner/plankart is set to a forced level 0 at next run.
amadmin: fileserv:/scanner/golg is set to a forced level 0 at next run.
amadmin: fileserv:/scanner is set to a forced level 0 at next run.

Why did this happen? Shouldn't only "/scanner" be forced? (I have separate DLEs for two subdirectories indicated above; these are excluded in the "main" DLE config.)

That's because the arguments are interpreted as globs:

From "man amanda" (unfortunatly not a word about this in man amadmin)

HOST & DISK EXPRESSION
       All host  and  disk  arguments  to  programs  are  special
       expression.  The command apply to all disk that match your
       arguments.  This section describe the matcher.

       The matcher match by word, each word is a glob expression,
       word  are  separated by the separator '.' for host and '/'
       for disk. You can anchor the expression  at  left  with  a
       '^'.  You  can  anchor the expression at right with a '$'.
       The matcher is case insensitive for host but is case  sen-­
       sitive  for  disk.  A  match  succeed  if all word in your
       expression match contiguous word in the host or disk.

Ah. Right. That's of course the way I thought it looked like it worked, more or less, but since the amdump manual page mentioned nothing about it... In I didn't think to try '$' right away...

Has it always been that way? I never really noticed it earlier, but I don't use the force that often...

- Toralf