Amanda-Users

amanda 2.4.4 and freebsd 5.3: cannot open /dev/tty: Device not configured

2004-10-19 05:29:52
Subject: amanda 2.4.4 and freebsd 5.3: cannot open /dev/tty: Device not configured
From: Thomas Vogt <tv AT solnet DOT ch>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:25:55 +0200
Hi

I use amanda-server-2.4.4_3,1 from the freebsd ports with freebsd
4.10-Release. It works like charm since years. Thanx for this nice
tool ;)

Now I've added some new FreeBSD 5.3beta7 machines on the client site
(I've never tested any older 5.x release).

I always get this error (except volume name):
VOL09 (deathstar._log.20041012.2):
amrestore: WARNING: not at start of tape, file numbers will be offset
amrestore:   0: restoring deathstar._log.20041012.2

gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
amrestore:   1: reached end of information
cannot open /dev/tty: Device not configured
Tape is not a dump tape
64+0 in
64+0 out

amverify backup
Tue Oct 12 08:04:00 GMT 2004

Using device /dev/nrsa0
Volume VOL09, Date 20041012
Checked ivanho._.20041012.1
Checked lan._.20041012.1
Checked mail._var_imap.20041012.1

everything else works (all fbsd 4.x). "tty" permissions are the same as
in freebsd 4.10

disklist on the server is very similiar to others:
deathstar      /                               comp-root
deathstar      /usr                            comp-user
deathstar      /log                            comp-user

amcheck says everything works fine. Is there some special option I've to
set for fbsd 5.x?

any ideas?

regards
--
* Thomas Vogt UNIX System Administrator - SolNet PGPKEY-3239B720 *
  * phone: +41 32 686 82 22 / sip:9044*868 AT inoc-dba.pch DOT net *