Amanda-Users

Re: all estimates failed for gnutar

2004-10-13 14:03:51
Subject: Re: all estimates failed for gnutar
From: Andreas Sundstrom <sunkan AT zappa DOT cx>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:00:49 +0200
Fernan Aguero wrote:
+----[ Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu> (13.Oct.2004 11:58):

| On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 11:42:33AM -0300, Fernan Aguero enlightened us:
| > I did the installation as root, of course. I'm not using the
| > amanda sources 'as is', however, but through the added layer
| > of the FreeBSD ports system. I doubt this can cause any
| > trouble, I've already checked the port's Makefile and it is
| > not overriding amanda's 'install' target ... it is just
| > setting some default configure options ...
| | Check your xinetd settings. I bet you have user amanda on your system, but
| xinetd is trying to run it as user operator, or vice versa.
| | Matt

+----]

Hmm ... this is what I have in inetd.conf:

amandaidx stream tcp nowait amanda /usr/local/libexec/amanda/amindexd   amindexd
amidxtape stream tcp nowait amanda /usr/local/libexec/amanda/amidxtaped
amidxtaped
amanda    dgram  udp wait   amanda /usr/local/libexec/amanda/amandad    amandad

Try changing "amanda" to "operator" and HUP'ing inetd if you don't want to recompile with --with-user=amanda

/Andreas