Amanda-Users

Dump Type issue

2004-10-09 10:12:39
Subject: Dump Type issue
From: Gaby Vanhegan <gaby AT vanhegan DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 15:07:48 +0100
I'm using Amanda to backup a number of machines on our network and I keep getting this error in the mail report:

FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:

/-- ltsn19-ws. /logs/apache lev 1 STRANGE
sendbackup: start [ltsn19-ws.leeds.ac.uk:/logs/apache level 1]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/usr/local/bin/gtar
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/usr/local/bin/gtar -f... -
sendbackup: info end
? gtar: ./prs-referrer_log: file changed as we read it
? gtar: ./prs-transfer_log: file changed as we read it
| Total bytes written: 186009600 (177MB, 927kB/s)
sendbackup: size 181650
sendbackup: end
\--------

Presumably because the website is getting traffic whilst Amanda is dumping that folder. gtar is complaining a file that has been modified whilst it has packed it, but it seems to archive the file OK. The entry in disklist is:

ltsn19-ws.leeds.ac.uk /logs/apache {
    user-tar
    comment "WWW logfiles"
    }

But I suspect that I don't want to use the user-tar settings for this. Is there a dumptype I can use that will stop these errors happening?

Gaby

--
Ha! Ha! Ha!  Dislocation...
- Phil Ken Sebben