Amanda-Users

Re: New meaning for "Amanda"

2004-10-08 07:52:14
Subject: Re: New meaning for "Amanda"
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:49:02 -0400
On Friday 08 October 2004 01:44, Toomas Aas wrote:
>http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20041007
>
>:-)

Yeah, I saw that yesterday Toomas, on my daily tour of the net, thats
a required stop.  I thought it was a nice play on acronyms.

There is such a thing down there and IIRC about 2 years ago it was
severely damaged by a chain reaction collapse of the detectors, the
shock of one of them imploding being sufficient to trigger the
implosion collapse of its nearest neighbors in the array.

The basic idea was similar to the kamiokandi(sp) neutrino detector in
Japan I believe.  Or was it the kamiokandi device itself that was
damaged?  Memory, second thing to go... :(

I do not know if its been repaired and is functional again.

>--
>Toomas Aas | toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee |
> http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/ * Show respect to age. Drink good
> scotch.

I do respect age, I drink Black Label Jack Daniels from time to time.
Its best when you can still taste the corn.  But its not as old as I,
who turned 70 last Monday.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: