Amanda-Users

Re: tapelist file

2004-10-04 19:10:48
Subject: Re: tapelist file
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: teo73 AT ciaoweb DOT it
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:02:01 -0400
On Monday 04 October 2004 06:41, teo73 AT ciaoweb DOT it wrote:
>Hi,
>  i' m trying to label a tape with the command
> amlabel -f "config" "string" and the answer is "amlabel: could not
> load tapelis "PATH_TO_TAPELIST"
>   i' ve tried with an empty tapelist file , without tapelist file
> and with a tapelist file with only ste "string" ;  also in my
> amanda.conf file as "labelstr" i got only th "string": So what' s
> up !!!! please HEEEEEEEELP!
>       Teo

Your amanda.conf file should have a line in it that points at the file
"tapelist", in my case its:
tapelist "/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/tapelist"

This file must exist, and it must be owned/readable/writeable by
amanda.  Its sufficient, generally, to just have the user amanda
touch it to create it with the correct perms.  Also, in the error
message you quoted, the final 't' is missing, so I'd suspect a typo
of some sort there.

The "string" specified in your amanda.conf as a regex expandable, must
match the label you are trying to use.  If not, its not an amanda
tape.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: