Amanda-Users

Re: Dump ordering optimisation documentation

2004-08-31 19:23:15
Subject: Re: Dump ordering optimisation documentation
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 01:18:29 +0200
Hi, Jon,

on Dienstag, 31. August 2004 at 23:30 you wrote to amanda-users:

JL> On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 02:14:40PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
>> Is there any chance we can get this in the documentation?
>>
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amanda-users&m=106277015010167&w=2
>>

JL> I don't know of any email messages included with the amanda docs.

This does not mean that there won't be messages included in the
future. But the docs should definitely more than just a bunch of
pasted emails.

JL> Perhaps you could use that as the basis for a HOW-TO using the
JL> taperalgo and dumporder params.

Yes.

I would suggest a new and shiny amanda.conf-HOWTO.
This could be a part of it.

Just take the current example/amanda.conf and make a HOWTO of it.
I will be glad to help it getting done.

This could also go into some kind of Tuning-HOWTO ...
As always, suggestions are welcome ....
--
best regards,
Stefan