Amanda-Users

Re: Compression using gzip

2004-08-27 05:44:47
Subject: Re: Compression using gzip
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: kshriyan AT redhat DOT com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:41:06 +0100
Hi

change to compress line from none to server or client depending on where you want the compression to actually be done...
or look at a different dumptype that already does this for you...

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
Hi
I wanted to enable gzip compression on my backups since i want to
accomodate lots of data on to a 40GB tape, At present I am using
define dumptype root-tar {
    global
    program "GNUTAR"
    comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
    compress none
    priority low
}

So I would really appreciate if anyone can through light on this

the system manager.