Amanda-Users

Re: Backup order

2004-08-26 11:54:35
Subject: Re: Backup order
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Robert Tilden <rntilden AT lotus.phys.nwu DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:39:41 +0200
Robert Tilden wrote:

Is there any way to specify the order machines are backed up in? I'd like to back up laptops first in the process so that if the backups extend into the business day the laptops don't disappear before being backed up.

I forgot one thing:
you can postpone some of the servers using the dumptype option
"starttime".  If you set those on all but the laptops, then
you can hope that the laptops have started their backups before
the others.

If backups really extend into the business day, you should find
out where the bottlenecks are in the config.
Use "amplot" for this.
Tip: a very large holdingdisk really helps a lot.