Amanda-Users

flushin the holding disk along with a backup?

2004-08-23 12:50:48
Subject: flushin the holding disk along with a backup?
From: pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:47:54 -0400
Hi all,

Is there anyway to flush backups on the holding disk prior to dumping
new backups?  I have a bunch of stuff sitting on a holding disk which
will likely fit fine on the same tape as tonights backups.  However,
even if something it causes tonight's backups to be placed on the
holding disk, I'd rather get the older stuff onto tape and deal with
the new stuff later.

Is there a variable somewhere which can tell amanda to look for data
on the holding disk and prioritize writing that to tape before
writing other newer stuff?

Thanks,
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE