Amanda-Users

Re: HPUX client index database format problem

2004-08-21 05:42:45
Subject: Re: HPUX client index database format problem
From: Andreas Sundstrom <sunkan AT zappa DOT cx>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:34:33 +0200
Eric Siegerman wrote:
On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 04:06:36PM -0700, Tim Metz wrote:

Somewhere in the process extraneous (dumpdates(?)) are
being included in the index files generated by HPUX clients.

One (or the only?) source of these is using a bad version of GNU
tar.  1.13 has this problem; 1.13.19 and later versions don't.
1.13.25 has been the recommended gtar version for quite some time
(available from ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/tar/tar-1.13.25.tar.gz).

Version 1.14 has been out for a few months.  I don't know how
widely it's been tested with Amanda (I haven't tried it yet
myself), but there's at least one report that it works too: