Amanda-Users

Re: samba does not support exclude list

2004-08-19 07:45:25
Subject: Re: samba does not support exclude list
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: kshriyan AT redhat DOT com
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:46:03 +0200
Hi,
amanda told you the problem:
samba does not support a exclude list in conjunction with amanda.

for backups using samba you can only define a single file to exclude.
The used client does not support more than one file to exclude, nor does it support exclude-lists.
Christoph

Kaushal Shriyan schrieb:
Hi

I have enabled the exclude list on the amanda.conf file and i am backing
up windows folders through samba.

My Dumptype is
define dumptype root-tar {
    global
    program "GNUTAR"
    comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
    compress none
    exclude list "/usr/local/etc/amanda/exclude/exclude"
    priority low
}

Can any one help me in fixing the below error

[amanda@indus amanda]$ amcheck DailySet1
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /amhold: 8498704 KB disk space available, that's plenty
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape DailySet104 label ok
NOTE: info dir
/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo/indus.mumbai.redhat.com/_home_ghetto_:
does not exist
NOTE: index dir
/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/index/indus.mumbai.redhat.com/_home_ghetto_:
does not exist
Server check took 3.681 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
ERROR: indus.mumbai.redhat.com: [samba does not support exclude list]
ERROR: indus.mumbai.redhat.com: [samba does not support exclude list]
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 10.164 seconds, 2 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p1)
[amanda@indus amanda]$
Would appreciate if anyone can help me