Amanda-Users

Re: help getting started

2004-06-23 05:47:26
Subject: Re: help getting started
From: Phil Homewood <pdh AT snapgear DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:38:36 +1000
Max Waterman wrote:
> Could it be that it's actually working, but doesn't give an output that
> I am expecting - ie a list of files, or something that says 'I backed up
> so many files' or even "I'm done".

amdump doesn't generally (ever?) give output on stdout -- it
emails it.

> BTW, email isn't configured on the host machine - perhaps it is telling
> me it is working, but I can't read what it says.

That could well be the case. :-) Though it should spend
a noticeable amount of time telling you nothing before
it emails you.

Does "amadmin config info" tell you anything useful?
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh AT snapgear DOT com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630