Amanda-Users

odd permission denied error

2004-06-14 15:27:22
Subject: odd permission denied error
From: "Jeffrey A. St. Pierre" <Jasp2 AT Colorado DOT EDU>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:20:49 -0600 (MDT)
Hello,

I need a second or third set of eyes on this error.

I have a partition mounted as /export/rd01.  under that mount I
have project called mltipath, with a subdirectory called jpals.

I just want to backup the subdirectory, using tar.  The amanda
server is a remote machine that can access the client fine.

However, when I run an amcheck on my config, I get this error:

ERROR: <clientsys>: [could not access /export/rd01/mltipath/jpals
(/export/rd01/mltipath/jpals): Permission denied]
Client check: 5 hosts checked in 9.935 seconds, 1 problem found

However, if I change the disklist to backup the parent directory,
 /export/rd01/mltipath, everything runs fine.  The permissions on
the two directories are the same...

drwxrws---   19 <user>  mltipath     4096 Jun  4 13:39 \
/export/rd01/mltipath
drwxrws---   19 <user>  mltipath     4096 Jun  4 13:39 \
/export/rd01/mltipath/jpals/

So... what am I missing?

Jeffrey A. St. Pierre
Head System Administrator
Colorado Center for Astrodynamics Research (CCAR)
University of Colorado
Boulder, Colorado  80309
Office:  303 492-8109